Kochi : A 21- year old man was killed and four others were injured when fireworks kept in a shed went off after a lighted cracker fell near it during a festival at a Chapel. The incident occurred yesterday night around 8 pm during the ‘Perunnal’ festivities at the Chapel Angamaly Karukutty Assissi Nagar near Kappela.
Fire crackers stored in the shed adjacent to the chapel for use during the festival went off after a cracker fell near it and burst, killing Simon, son of Mullapparamban Shaju. The injured ,Meljo Paulose, Stephin Jose, Justin Jose and Joel Jose have been hospitalized in Angamaly and Ernakulam. Some of them are in serious conditions.