After the JEE Main Exam, what's next that Students must be aware of?
Finally, the JEE Main Exams finally concluded! The exams started on 1st September and continued till 6th September. NTA had strictly enforced the COVID-19 Advisory, and the candidates are following the same. Earlier, the Indian Government has also urged all the States to provide necessary amenities like transport to the test-takers. Various State Governments like that of MP, Odisha & Chhattisgarh had come out to help the JEE Main aspirants. The first reactions after the JEE Main exam are out as well. Many aspirants opined that the exam was lengthy and time consuming. The Maths section was easy to moderate, Chemistry was tricky and Physics was tough. Now, JEE Main Result will be released tentatively by 11th September. So here, we will focus on JEE Main Answer Key, JEE Main Results, and JEE Main Counselling that all aspirants must be aware of.
What is JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
As of now, the JEE Main Answer Key is scheduled to get released by the second week of September. The answer key, question paper & response sheet are available on jeemain.nta.nic.in. As an aspirant one can challenge the responses on the JEE Main Answer Key. This can be done by paying 1000 INR as a processing fee.
Why is the JEE Main Answer Key Important?
NTA evaluates the MCQs of all the papers through the final JEE Main Answer Keys. The raw marks obtained are used for final result preparation. Hence, knowing about the JEE Main Exam Answer Key is very important. Aspirants can get a rough estimate about the scores they can obtain in the exam. Best on the score, they can anticipate a Rank.
Also, if you disagree with the answer keys, then you can challenge them. If NTA accepts the challenge, then it will impact the overall outcome in the results. Also, the processing fee will be refunded to the respective bank accounts of students.
Steps to get the JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
NTA will publish the answer key on the official portal. Below mentioned are the following steps to download the answer key:
First, test-takers should click on the JEE Main 2020 Answer Key link present on the official portal.
After that, they will need to enter the application number of the exam and birth date.
- Then, aspirants must click on the submit button.
- The JEE Main 2020 Answer Key will appear on the screen, which can be downloaded by the test-takers as PDF.
A rough Idea about JEE Main Score against the respective Rank
In JEE Main, 4 marks are provided for each correct answer, and one mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. Nothing is deducted for questions that are left unattempted. Following these rules aspirants can calculate the score of JEE Main Exam. Here's an approximate JEE Main Score against their Rank range for the current session:
From this approximate Rank Range, you can find that scores between 285 to 300 will earn you among top 100 aspirants. A score of 200 to 250 will place an aspirant between 1000 to 3500. Whereas, someone with less than 120 marks will be placed in the 35000 + category.
JEE Main Answer Key also helps students to prepare for next year. It gives a good idea on questions, their answers and even the marks to be scored.
JEE Main Exam - September Session Result
After the release of Official Answer Keys, NTA will declare the JEE Main 2020 Result and Rank List. The official dates of JEE Main Exam result are not out yet. NTA Director-General, Mr Vineet Joshi has stated earlier to release the results within 15 days after the completion of the exam. The January Session results are already released. As per official notification 11 aspirants obtained 100 percentile in the January Exam. This year 2,50,000 successful aspirants will be eligible to take the JEE Advanced 2020 exam.
Where and How to check the JEE Main Result?
Well, to check the JEE Main Result for September Session, students must visit the official website, i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in. After that, aspirants will find a link to the result. One can click on it and then provide the application number birthdate, and security pin to access the result. The result can be downloaded and printed for further reference.
Details Mentioned on JEE Main Score Card
Following are the details mentioned on the scorecard of the JEE Main Exam.
- Roll number
- Candidate's Name
- Name of Mother
- Name of Father
- Candidate's Category & Subcategory
- State code of eligibility
- Aspirant's Nationality
- Marks obtained (Subject-wise and total)
- All India Rank of the candidate
- Category rank
- Cut off score for appearing in JEE Advanced 2020
- Other Instructions
Know how to calculate the Rank of JEE Main 2020 below-
The Raw score of the exam is calculated by the formulae mentioned at the top in the above illustration. The total percentile score and the subject-wise percentile scores are calculated by the respective formula mentioned after that in the image.
JEE Main 2020: How to break any Tie?
To break the tie, NTA will adopt the following methods for each paper.
- B.E / B.Tech Paper - Higher Marks in Mathematics subject > Higher Marks in the subject of Physics > Higher Marks in Chemistry > Candidates who are Older in Age
- B.Arch Paper - Higher Marks in Mathematics > Higher Marks in the Aptitude Test > Higher Marks in the Drawing Test > Candidate possessing the lowest negative responses > Older candidates
- B.Planning - Higher Marks in Mathematics > Higher Marks in Aptitude Test > Higher Marks specifically in the Question based on Planning > Candidate with the least negative responses > Candidates with older age
Aspirants must note that if the tie is not broken even after following the above methods, then they are given the same Rank in the JEE Main Exam Result. The result will be compiled based on the 4 NTA scores corresponding to the raw scores obtained in each of the three subjects in the first & second attempt. The overall merit list will be prepared based on this.
JEE Main 2020 Exam - The Counselling
NTA is the conducting authority of JEE Main 2020 Paper. After the result declaration, the NTA will send the data to the seat allocation authorities. The following states, like Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha and some other bodies have now joined the JEE Main system. These states and bodies will accept JEE Main 2020 result to allocate seats and conduct counselling. The entities which are responsible for seat allocation are JoSAA and CSAB.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority or JoSAA will organize the Counselling of JEE Main 2020. It will also cater to Seat Allotment for JEE Main and JEE Advanced aspirants after the results are declared.
- There will be a maximum of six rounds.
- Aspirants will be called for counselling based on their Ranks.
- 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and as many as 28 Government Funded Technical Institutes will accept the JEE Main 2020 exam results. They will take part in the counselling session. The IITs will consider JEE Main Result only to be eligible for JEE Advanced.
- The entire seat allocation, counselling, and admission process will take place in a centralized manner.
- The All India Rank for 2020 will be considered by CSAB / JoSAA for admissions to the IIITs, NITs, and GFTIs.
- The admission for DASA will be conducted by NTA from next year onwards based on JEE Main result.
Hope, candidates got all the information related to the events which will be unfolding after the JEE Main Exam in September. Aspirants who are already preparing for next year can also benefit from the information provided here. Students do all the hard work for only one thing, that is result and admission to a top college. So, from this blog aspirant of the JEE Main Exam will get a clear understanding of JEE Main Answer Key, Results & JEE Main Counselling.