Thiruvanthapuram: The Government of Kerala has released a portal for claiming ex gratia payments to the relatives of those who succumbed to the Covid-19.
How to apply:
- Log on to relief.kerala.gov.in/.
- Enter the applicant's name and phone number in the columns under "Submit Your Claim."
- Enter the OTP received on your phone and log in.
- Keep ready the ICMR provided death certificate, death declaration document, applicant's ration card, Aadhaar card and bank account passbook, document to prove ancestral rights -if available.
- The 'death declaration number' can be obtained from this portal.
- Once you submit the claim, the village officer will verify the documents and forward the application to the district disaster management authority.
- The district authority will approve the claim and transfer Rs 50,000 to the account of the relative of the deceased. The government has started to review the older deaths that were not recognised as Covid-19 deaths initially.
An appeal can be made to the government if the name of the deceased is not found on the Covid-19 Death Information System. The website is maintained by the Land Revenue Commissionerate, Thiruvananthapuram.