Suspected Chemical leak in Shamli mill; 300 students sent to hospital

by National | 10-10-2017 | 225 views

Uttar Pradesh: Around 300 students were taken ill after a suspected chemical leak from a nearby sugar mill in Shamli in Uttar Pradesh. According to reports, the children-students of Saraswati Vidya Mandir and Saraswati Junior High School-inhaled fumes of a chemical that was used to treat garbage at the plant.

The students were taken to district and private hospitals after they complained of burning eyes, breathlessness, nausea and stomach ache. Some had fainted. Most of the children were sent home after first aid, said Shamli Chief Medical Officer Dr Raj Kumar.

Shamli is the state’s sugar and jiggery manufacturing hub. Some have accused the sugar mill of negligence.

Lets socialize : Share via Whatsapp